Ridesharing Stardate 94467.62 Reflections on the FTL Boat Show and Lyft’s 150% Prime Time

FORT LAUDERDALE – This year’s boat show was a literal beast for Uber and Lyft earnings. A beast I tell you with regular notes of Lyft’s 150% Prime Time cash boosters!  The surge of visitors to the area from around the world signaled the long awaited start of the tourist season for rideshare entrepreneurs (my taxi buds too). The lear jets parked at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport signaled the arrival of millionaires and the so-called 1%-ers in town to celebrate (a little trikkle down wealth to us common folk never hurts) their wealth.

tip_conciergeDespite a rainy start on Saturday November 5th, the show was a success. One of the highlights of working for Lyft during the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show was the frequent 150% Prime Time notices following drop-offs on Fort Lauderdale Blvd, Birch Blvd and the surrounding areas. It’s time to testify – 89 Lyft rides for the week. A personal best!

If you drive for Lyft and just show up and put in the hours, as they say, “the rest takes care of itself”. There are a handful of good Lyft money makers coming up like the Chipolte Food Festival and several Heat Games at the Triple-AAA, but “the Big Kahuna” (except for New Years Eve) will be the week before Thanksgiving and three days after Thanksgiving.

As Woody Allen once stated when he was finding the motivation to write his hit screenplay Annie Hall, “I have learned one thing. Showing up is 80 percent of life. Sometimes it’s easier to hide home in bed. I’ve done both.”

tip_lyftappIf it a matter of personal choice. Do you want to stay home in bed or hang out on your mom’s porch styling in your best white socks and open-toe flip-flops, or you want to show up for these events and make some money with Lyft and Uber.

Other people tend to believe that while showing up is good, what you are doing as a best practice counts just as much. According to Dan Shlpper of Lifehacker.com, “If 90% of success in life is showing up, the other 10% depends on what you’re showing up for”.

Well, I show up for tips (one of the beauties of driving for Lyft). Lyft riders gravitate to Lyft not only for great rates but for the privilege to tip their favorite Lyft Driver graciously for an outstanding service experience. Most Lyft riders agree, “if you take care of your Lyft driver, your Lyft driver will take care of you”.

I mean – you tip the concierge at the W Fort Lauderdale, don’t you?



VIP Success Inner Circle: Blueprint PRO+. Get every trick and tool it takes to make half a million dollars a month in sales by world-renowed online business developers Adrian Booth and Steve Clayton. You get the tools and services, cutting edge training, cashflow cheatsheets and traffic cheatsheets to make it happen. The Blueprint PRO+ show you how to get all three components of a successful online business: Strategy, Traffic and Conversions. Discover the BluePrint PRO+ System today.

Leave a Comment

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s